Make a Solar Oven
What you'll need:
- Shallow box (pizza box or shoe box works well)
- Aluminium foil
- Plastic wrap
How to assemble your solar oven:
- Using a box cutter, cut a flap on the lid of the box, 1 inch from the edge around 3 edges.
- Cover the bottom and sides of the box with foil. Cover the flap with foil. Makes sure the shiny side is up, and to smooth the foil as much as possible.
- Lift the flap and tape plastic wrap over the opening of the box. If using a box with a removable lit (like a pizza box), tape the plastic wrap securely on all sides. If using a box without a removable lid, allow for the ability to pull back the plastic wrap so that you can place items in the box.
How to make s'mores using your solar oven:
- Place the oven in direct sunlight on a hot day. Allow to preheat for around 30 minutes.
- Place graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows in the oven.
- Allow to bake in the sun for at least 30 minutes. Depending on how hot it is, this could take more time to melt the marshmallows and chocolate.
- Once the marshmallows and chocolate have melted, enjoy!